Monday, December 27, 2010

A Sad Christmas for the Kids

Let the spirit of love
gently fill our hearts and homes.
In this loveliest of seasons
may you find many reasons for happiness.


So how was your Christmas? If you ask me, it was just okay.  But if you ask my kids, it was not.  I can't blame them.  It is all my fault and I regret taking the happiness away from them. 

First, I didn't put up Christmas decorations in our house, not even a Christmas tree because I was kind of mad pissed when our Christmas decorations got lost in the storage room and I lost the interest to buy a new one.  I didn't realize that by doing so I took not only the Christmas spirit in our house but also the excitement of the kids to celebrate Christmas.  You see, they believe in Santa Claus and this year, they didn't receive any gifts from Santa because they don't have a Christmas tree to hang their socks on.   Oh, I'm so sorry kids.

But it seems I was not contented with what I have done.   I hurt their feelings more when I didn't hold a party for them, a party they were used to enjoy with their friends/neighbors for years.  They were longing for that party because they love to play parlor games, eat nonstop and sing the karaoke with their friends (no need to buy karaoke cds since we only rent a karaoke machine). But sadly, they had none of those because I was being selfish.  I slept right after the Christmas Eve dinner!

I know I was wrong and I was sorry for that.  Anyway, I talked to my kids, Champagne and Charlton, and I told them I will make up this New Year and of course, next Christmas will be an unforgettable one for them. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Grab A Button

My Blog List

Badge Exchange

Contest and promos for Pinoys!  Jennyholic, Confession Of An Addict 
 At Home With GeoRyl chronos blog Photobucket MJM: The Ilumin Siblings
Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations
img.emoticon { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }